Helping You Obtain The Benefits You Deserve

Too often when seniors begin to require more assistance, families are not prepared for the significant expense of long-term care. These expenses can range from $21-$25/hour for a home health aide, to $4,000-$6,500/month for an assisted living facility, to over $10,000/month for a shared room in a skilled nursing facility. Many know that there are government benefits that can assist with paying for these expenses but are misinformed or have preconceived notions as to whether they can qualify for these programs. Some believe that the government will take all of their assets, including their homes. Others are under the mistaken assumption that they have too much in income or assets to qualify.

In most cases, with the guidance and planning from an experience elder law attorney, seniors can qualify for these benefits, still protect their assets and avoid running out of money. Before you or a loved one makes a decision regarding qualifying for government benefits to assist with paying for long-term care needs, speaking to an elder law attorney who specializes in asset protection and government benefits planning, could save you thousands of dollars. With the assets that are protected, comes the ability to pay for and ensure that the best care is provided to the one who needs it most. Don’t allow long-term care costs make you go broke.

A common expectation among seniors is that Medicare will pay the cost of necessary long-term care.  Medicare does not pay for long-term care expenses. Instead, long-term care expenses are paid from private assets, long-term care insurance policies or government benefits, such as Medicaid and/or VA Aid and Attendance benefits. When determining how to pay for long-term care, too many seniors mistakenly rely on misinformation and preconceived notions of what benefits they are eligible to receive. This can be a very costly mistake.

Instead, they should work with a caring elder law attorney to create a plan allowing them to qualify for important government benefits and still protect their hard-earned assets. It is only after a complete review of their specific circumstances by an experienced and Board-Certified Elder Law Attorney that they will realize all of the benefits they can receive. Don’t allow misinformation and preconceived notions make you or your loved one miss out on government assistance to help pay for long-term care costs.

At Friedman Elder Law Department, LLC, in Coral Springs, we help Florida seniors and their families with a broad range of important elder law issues, including qualifying for, applying for and maintaining eligibility for government benefit programs that assist with paying for long-term care.  Qualifying and applying for these government benefits can be complex and confusing.   Attorney Heidi Friedman is Board-Certified in Elder Law, a qualification held by a very small percentage of attorneys. She is here to guide you through all the legal steps of obtaining and maximizing the benefits you deserve and so desperately need.


The tremendous cost of long-term care leaves many seniors financially devastated, but there is hope in the form of Medicaid benefits. Whether you live at home and require home health care, live in an assisted living facility or reside in a skilled nursing home, Medicaid Long Term Care Programs are designed to help you pay for treatment and care.

Veterans Aid And Attendance Benefits

If you are a wartime veteran or the surviving spouse of a wartime veteran, you may be eligible for a tax-free monthly pension, called VA Aid and Attendance. This benefit is designed to pay for long-term care needs either at home or in an assisted living facility.

A Strong Legal Ally Is Here To Help

Medicaid and VA Aid and Attendance are two of the most important public benefit programs available to seniors to help pay for long-term care. To learn more about how we can help you qualify and obtain these benefits, please contact our Coral Springs and South Florida law firm and schedule your consultation by calling 954-546-7605 or filling out a brief contact form online.